Two-thirds (62%) of 150 marketers across the UK, US, Asia, Australia, Europe, and the Middle East believe that social commerce will be the most popular influencer marketing campaign objective within the next year, according to a report released by influencer marketing solution Influencer Intelligence.
The new research, titled ‘The Role of Influencers in Social Commerce,’ explores the perceptions of marketers across a variety of industries and platforms including Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and Snapchat.
Key themes in the report include the growth trajectory of social commerce and future trends, social commerce lessons from China for western markets, and insights to help marketers optimize ecommerce activity in influencer marketing campaigns. Social commerce occupies half of the influencer budgets and performs key commercial functions for brands
The whitepaper revealed that marketers are increasingly integrating social commerce into influencer campaigns, with 36% including selling products or services as a measurable objective for the past two to four years already. This growing confidence in social commerce translates into increased spend as one in ten businesses allocate more than half of their influencer marketing budget to social commerce campaigns.
The research also reveals:
- Shoppable links are the strongest driver of commerce ROI through influencers (61%)
- 68% cited Instagram as the most successful platform for social commerce campaigns
- 43% of marketers see the most success with micro-influencers in their social commerce strategy
- 51% of marketers polled said that shoppable live streaming will become a ‘must-do’ practice for all brands within the next year.
- 36% predict that influencer marketing campaigns using Augmented Reality will dominate social commerce strategies by 2024
- 30% believe AI-powered conversations and personalization in influencer marketing will be a leading trend.
- 74% of marketers agree that social commerce will drive better practices in return on investment (ROI) and measurement within influencer marketing.