Most Instagram users use the platform to research products and services. But most e-merchants focus solely on sharing product images instead of connecting with their target audience.
If you are an e-merchant, these types of content can win over more followers and possibly convert the engagement into sales:
- Consumers view user-generated content of a seller’s products or services – whether videos or photos – as trustworthy because they are perceived as authentic. With hashtags, you as the merchant can share customer posts on your own page or stories to build your brand.
- Interactive content such as photo contests and polls is an effective way to learn about your customers’ product preferences. Contests also help grow your following while building content.
- Instagram is a channel to share lifestyles. Instead of merely posting images of your products, post images that reflect cultural trends and stories that are relevant to your products.
- Products in context. Placing products in proper context while telling a story can drive sales. For instance, if you are a cosmetics e-merchant, you could create video tutorials to explain how to use your makeup products. Real-life scenarios enrich your audiences’ lives and make content more shareable.
- Behind-the-scenes. One way to connect with your audience consumers is to show them short videos of how you make your product, a day in your life, or key milestones at your business.
- Funny and inspirational quotes can be powerful tools when they resonate with your audience. Whether they are user-generated quotes or funny memes, quotes may provide social proof, especially when they go viral.
- Partnering with the right influencers could be a huge boost to your brand. Choose someone who can produce authentic experiences to help build your following and content, and advertise your products.