E-commerce News Weekly Roundup Week 4 (August 23-27th)
Don’t miss a beat with the hottest e-commerce trends by following our Weekly Roundup series, here are this week’s top news:
- TikTok is widening its scope beyond media content to include retail, educational, and information entertainment in order to increase customer engagement.TikTok is also adding a new feature named TikTok Gated LIVE that allows celebrities to increase followers’ engagement in a very unique way. Read more about this feature here.
- BrandIQ reveals the top 10 best-performing brands in South East Asia for the week of 16th – 23rd of August. Find out how your category performed this past week In this link.
- TikTok and Shopify just had a collaboration to offer product connections to Shopify businesses and create a seamless experience for online shoppers. See what this collaboration will bring to the digital retail industry here.
- Facebook is picking up on consumer habits in rural Vietnam since consumer engagement of chat-based online shopping is gaining traction in the region. See how Facebook can transform its platform from this research here.
- Instagram introduced Shops Ads as part of Facebook’s wider shift to digital retail. These ads will begin with an auction-based structure and the merchandise in Shops will be shown in a column layout of square tiles. Read more about our key takeaways on these Instagram updates here.