E-commerce News Weekly Roundup Week 2 (August 9-13th)
Stay updated on the hottest e-commerce trends with our Weekly Roundup series, here are this week’s top trends:
Stay updated on the hottest e-commerce trends with our Weekly Roundup series, here are this week’s top news:
- BrandIQ reveals the top 10 best-performing brands in South East Asia for the week of 2– 9th of August as tech and hardware sales surge! Click here to read the full report and follow BrandIQ’s Linkedin page for more.
- Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) has become one of the financial services at the forefront of Gojek and other super apps in Southeast Asia. Not only can BNPL be used for purchasing products, but also for paying for services such as transportation and everyday necessities, read more about BNPL expansion in Southeast Asia here.
- As the epidemic spread, it has hastened the digital transformation and expedited the rise of e-commerce. Due to the extensive closures of retail stores and dwindling customer demand, conventional retail has been put on hold, click here to learn more about the changes in the SEA retail landscape.
- Over the previous year, store-based retail sales in key ASEAN consumer markets have plummeted and remained sluggish. It is projected that the e-commerce industry in Southeast Asia will expand at a 22% annualized pace, read more insights here.
- In 2020, Asia-Pacific was the most popular region for real-time payment including India, China, South Korea, and Thailand accounting for the majority of payments. See our take on these data from ACI here.
Did you miss anything? Check out all the news and latest e-commerce trends here: https://trends.acommerce.asia/